KSEA-KUSCO Scholarships for Graduate Students in the US (APPLY HERE)
To recognize outstanding graduate students in the United States who excel in academics as well as in services to the community, and have demonstrated a potential to become future leaders of the society for closer cooperation between the U.S. and Korea.
- Number of recipients: 20
- Scholarship award: $2,000 each
- Graduate students of Korean heritage at an accredited institution in the US
- Scholarship applicants must have a graduate student status on the date of the application deadline.
- Major in science, engineering, or related fields
- Active KSEA membership (You must be a KSEA member with active membership in order to apply)
- Apply for KSEA membership (https://www.ksea.org/signUp)
- Please make sure your information in “My Profile” on the website is correct and up to date prior to the submission.
- Please make sure you pay membership to have an active membership
- You must submit the application first and notify recommenders and the school to send official documents.
- Previous recipients of KSEA-KUSCO scholarships are not eligible to apply
Online application only (https://www.ksea.org/scholarship). Other materials including essay and copy of transcript must be submitted Online in PDF format. The maximum file size for each is 2MB.
- Curriculum Vitae or resumé (including education, work experience, publications, extracurricular activities, and involvement in KSEA and Korean community activities). Resumé must be in PDF format, 1 page.
- Essay: Describe your most meaningful achievements and how they relate to your field in industry or academia. (600-800 words limit)
- Official transcripts from up to two colleges attended. You may submit an unofficial transcript (PDF) or scanned copy of an official transcript (PDF) online, (The maximum file size for each is 2 MB) but you MUST send an official transcript to KSEA for verification. Your school can send soft copies of your official transcript to KSEA (firstname.lastname@example.org) electronically. In the application form, you will be asked to provide the overall GPA and also average GPA by each semester.
- Two recommendation letters: At least one letter must be from a college professor, the other could be from a professor or a current / former KSEA official such as Executive Committee member, local professional Chapter President, or a Councilor. Current Scholarship Committee members cannot write a recommendation letter.
- One letter can be from the supervisor at work or at the volunteer institution.
- Email recommendation letters are accepted if:
1) The recommendation letter is attached in an email as a letter headed document with a sign on it (it could be a scanned letter)
2) The email address of the sender shows the institution that the person who writes the letter is affiliated (emails using yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc accounts are not acceptable). Send the letter of recommendation to email@example.com
- No supplemental materials beyond the above will be accepted.
- Academic performance
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Recommendation letters (letters we receive will be uploaded in March)
- KSEA activities and community service
- Deadline : 5:00 PM (EDT) March 31, 2023
Announcement and Award Presentation
- The recipients of the scholarships will be announced on the KSEA webpage (http://www.ksea.org/) by May, 2023.
- If KSEA-KUSCO graduate scholarship recipients plan to participate in the scholarship award ceremony during the UKC 2023 which will be held on August 2-5, 2023, it is required to submit an abstract (for an oral or poster presentation) through the UKC 2023 website before the abstract due date and also to participate the FIRE or Technical Sessions during the UKC 2023 to receive travel support. The FIRE Chair and Technical Session Chairs will contact those who submitted abstracts to make a travel arrangement.
If you have any questions on scholarship application, please contact:
KSEA Scholarship Committee
1952 Gallows Rd., Suite 300
Vienna, VA 22182
phone: 703-748-1221, fax: 703-748-1331