- Each year, KSEA will select 5 postdoctoral fellowship awardees per year, and each will receive $2,000.
- The name of each fellowship will be:
- Hyundai Postdoctoral fellowship ($2,000)
- SeAh-Haiam Postdoctoral fellowship ($2,000)
- Ohji Park & Quiseup Kim Postdoctoral fellowship ($2,000)
- Young-Kee Kim Postdoctoral fellowship ($2,000)
- KSEA Postdoctoral Fellowship ($2,000)
Eligibility (for postdoc fellowship)
- Postdoctoral researcher of Korean heritage with up to 3 years of postdoctoral experience in the U.S. accredited colleges, universities, and U.S. Government laboratories on the date of the application deadline.
- Fellowship applicants must have a doctoral degree.
- Current postdoctoral work should focus on science, engineering, or related fields.
- Each awardee should present a paper at UKC, regional/local conference, or TG/APS conference
- Active KSEA membership (You must be a KSEA member with active membership in order to apply)
- Apply for KSEA membership (https://www.ksea.org/signUp)
- Please make sure your information in “My Profile” on the website is correct and up to date prior to the submission.
- Please make sure you pay membership to have an active membership
- You must submit the application first and notify recommenders and the school to send official documents.
Online application only (https://www.ksea.org/scholarship). Other materials, including essay, must be submitted Online in PDF format. The maximum file size for each is 2MB.
Application Materials (for postdoc fellowship)
- Curriculum Vitae (including education, work experience, publications, extracurricular activities, and involvement in KSEA and Korean community activities).
- Essay: Describe your most meaningful achievements, current postdoctoral research plans, and how they relate to your field in industry or academia. (800 words limit)
- Evidence of doctoral degree. You may submit a scanned copy of your doctoral diploma or degree certificate letter (PDF) online, (The maximum file size for each is 2 MB) but you MUST upload them to KSEA for verification.
- Two recommendation letters: One letter must be from your current postdoctoral advisor. The other can be preferably from a professor or a current/former KSEA official such as Executive Committee member, local professional Chapter President, or a Councilor. Current Scholarship Committee members cannot write a recommendation letter.
- Email recommendation letters are accepted if:
- 1) The recommendation letter is attached in an email as a letter headed document with a sign on it (it could be a scanned letter)
- 2) The email address of the sender shows the institution that the person who writes the letter is affiliated (emails using yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc accounts are not acceptable). Send the letter of recommendation to email@example.com
- 3) The email address of your two recommenders can not be changed after you add them on your application.
- No supplemental materials beyond the above will be accepted.
Evaluation Criteria (for postdoc fellowship)
- Scholarly performance
- Curriculum Vitae
- Essay and research plans
- Recommendation letters (letters we receive will be uploaded in March)
- KSEA activities and community service
- Application Deadline: 5:00 PM (EDT), March 31, 2023; Award Notification: May, 2023
If you have any questions on scholarship application, please contact:
KSEA Scholarship and Fellowship Committee
1952 Gallows Rd., Suite 300
Vienna, VA 22182
phone: 703-748-1221, fax: 703-748-1331